Friday, November 2, 2012

Supprt your local bottle shop!

Okay, okay... I havent posted in a long time... And I'm sorry about that.... Having a 6 month old is hard work... JEEZ! I forgive you for being mad, you understand right? Good..

I want to tell you about Everything's D'vine downtown... They literally just opened their doors yesterday. If you follow me on the Twitter, you might remember me tweeting about this place a couple of months back. Well, I had been waiting for this place to open because I work downtown but, I couldnt remember what the open day was. So, out of boredumb (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose) on my lunch break today I went looking for it...

I knew from the blog posts that I had seen that it was on West 4th St. Downtown. I work on East 4th St. downtown so naturally I was excited when I heard about it. So, today on my lunch I thought I'd take a walk to the other side of town... Not that bad a walk actually, downtown isnt that big. Anyway, it was worth it!

As I made my trek, I kept my eyes peeled because even though I might have been one of they first to break the news on this place via twitter, I couldnt for the life of me remember what the name of the place was supposed to be. So, as I approached the end of 4th street I spotted a wine barrel in the window of what appeared to be a newly decorated store front. I was about to lose hope but, I figured I'd check it out...

I opened the door, and was happily greeted "What can I help you with?" I said "Whats your beer selection look like?" I was a bit discouraged upon first glance because I saw walls of wine. Dont get me wrong I'm a fan of a nice red but, not very often... I was very gladly directed around the corner to the beer area.

I wasn't dissappointed with the selection because they literally just opened yesterday but, the wine area looked much better than the beer area. I perused for a moment and suddenly I was asked "What's your favorite style?" I of course replied with the standard "Well, I like beer..." I quickly offered a very brief explanation of my beer knowledge and said "I guess I'm a bit of a craft beer hobbyist.." That sounds kind of cool right!?

Anyway, the gentlemen introduced himself, his name is Travis and he described the order in which he had the beer set up. "I dont have it set up by region or anything, Ive basically set it up by style..." I appreciated the fact that he appreciated that I was on the hunt for some good beer. Anyway, he described what he had, which were a lot of things I've had before. But, he also pointed out a few things I'd never had before. Of these brews he described them "This DIPA, has an IBV of blah blah and it will just hit you with hops..." Travis is a beer lover and, I appreciated that. I only left with a one bomber bottle but, Its a beer I've never tried...

Needless to say, I will definitely be back. Travis said his selection will increase as his customer base increases. He said he was expecting more brews literally as I shopped. He was expecting a delivery of Great Lakes Christmas ale...

So basically what I'm saying is, DRINK LOCAL BEER! But also, support your local beer provider! Everything's D'vine is downtown on West 4th St. Stop in and talk to Travis. He knows is beer...

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment